Security & Fraud
Today’s enterprise requires big data security solutions that can adapt to advanced threats and changing business demands. Simple monitoring of traditional security events is no longer enough. Security practitioners need broader insights from new data sources generated at massive scale across IT, the business and in the cloud.
Staying ahead of external attacks, malicious insiders and costly fraud demands continuous security and compliance monitoring, fast incident response and the ability to detect and respond to known, unknown and advanced threats.
The security solutions enable organizations to detect, respond and prevent these threats by providing valuable context and visual insights to help you make faster and smarter security decisions. The solution enables analytics-driven security.
Benefits of focusing on Security and Fraud
- Trace the stages of the kill chain by finding relationships using any field across any data over any timeframe.
- Provide greater levels of automation and perform continuous monitoring of compliance and regulatory mandates.
- Search and pivot through real-time or historical data to research and detect fraud or theft and pinpoint abuse.
- Detect malicious employees and other insider threats before they can steal, misuse or damage confidential data.
- The solution enables security analysts to take a proactive stance to investigation and response – from monitoring and triage, verifying and escalating, to responding to a breach or infection.
- Detect cyber-attacks and insider threats with a solution that leverages data science and machine learning.
The solution provides a unified way to organize and extract real-time insights from massive amounts of machine data from virtually any source. This includes data from websites, business applications, social media platforms, app servers, hypervisors, sensors, traditional databases and open-source data stores.
It makes it simple to collect, analyze and act upon the untapped value of the big data generated by your technology infrastructure, security systems and business applications—giving you the insights to drive operational performance and business results.
“Splunk Enterprise Security has given us real-time visibility into everything from malicious exploits like advanced persistent threats and phishing attacks to administrative rights, access authentication and anomalies.”
– Jeff Lesperance, Manager of Platform Operations, Discovery Communication