You can finally stop backhauling Office traffic to the data center
When Microsoft Exchange servers and Office applications were on-premises, you had to backhaul traffic from remote sites and mobile users to the data center. It was the only way to provide off-network connectivity. But now that these services have moved to the cloud in the form of Office 365 (O365), backhauling all of your traffic to your data centers no longer makes sense.
The Challenge of Office 365 deployment
Infrastructure upgrade costs
- 40% higher network utilization can quickly exceed firewall capacity and would add significant cost to the project.
- Additional MPLS bandwidth to backhaul traffic could create bottle necks and unstable response time as well increased cost.
- Microsoft recommends no more than 2,000 users behind each public IP address
- To prioritize traffic, you need to manage IP address ranges and URL changes
Poor user experience
- Backhauling traffic from branches introduces latency
- Microsoft recommends 50ms from the client to the application
The Solution for deploying Office 365 with no impact to your network or your budget
Simply point your Internet and O365 traffic to the nearest Zscaler data center (there are more than 100 worldwide). There is no hardware to deploy and manage and, since traffic is routed locally, you can reduce your MPLS spending.
Zscaler delivers a fast and secure user experience for O365 without backhauling all of your traffic to the data center and stacking more appliances to handle the increase in connections. Simply forward your traffic via a GRE/IPsec tunnel or Zscaler App for road warriors and Zscaler will automatically identify, prioritize, and route your traffic to the closest data center. In other words – Better O365 user experience, faster deployment.
The benefits are clear. Better user experience via local breakouts and bandwidth controls as well as no hardware deployments and upgrades. But why Zscaler for O365 deployment?
Best user experience
- Fast path to O365 via local Internet breakouts
- Guaranteed bandwidth for O365
- Peering with Microsoft O365 in major data centers
- Faster file downloads with TCP optimizations
- No network configuration changes
- One-click configuration
- No hardware or software to deploy
- No infrastructure upgrades required
- Reduced MPLS spend by eliminating backhaul costs
- No forklift upgrades
- Simplified management
- Immediate visibility into all Internet and O365 traffic for all users in all locations
Proven deployment model with over 700 customers.